7.07.2011

A Plant to Love ~ Gooseneck Loosestrife

Fair warning, this plant is hearty AKA it does spread but it is easy to control; I simply pull up any runners that I do not want and the main clump remains compact and upright. I have had this plant in the garden for three years and it has never had any issues with disease or pests and it does not get 'bald' in the middle like some clumping plants do. I plant mine with Verbena bonariensis, coneflower and moonbeam coriopsis.

Mine is in the part sun, in rich soil and I do water regularly.

Common Name: Gooseneck Loosestrife
Hardiness Zone: 3-8 S / 3-9 W
Height: 36"
Exposure: Full or Part Sun
Blooms In: July-Sept.
Spacing: 18-24" 

2 comments:

  1. totally cool plant seen it grown in a garden and its soooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. rabbits are a hugh problem where I live in Missouri, they are eating everything ive bought "HELP" WHAT CAN I DO? any advise will be greatly appreciated. I tried human, hair, cat litter, they even got thru the fence they are some sneaky little critters.... please help??

      Delete