8.13.2011

Into the Light

I am very new to photography, or at least I should say, thinking about my pictures and how to set them up rather than taking a zillions shots and seeing if anything worth keeping materializes. This week the weather broke and it was enjoyable to be outside. I took my time at the park taking pictures and practiced being more selective in what shots I took.  I was able to get a series of photos showing a praying mantis devouring a honey bee!   With these pictures I shot into the light.







 
I use minimal color correction (more a way to correct my errors) and I do not use any special treatments with my photos with Picasa or Photoshop. For one, I do not have the time or desire to learn what those programs can do, and second I want my pictures, for now at least, to be as true to the subject in real life as possible.

This is turning out to be an interesting hobby, phototgrpahy, and I hope to improve my work a little at a time.


1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful shots, Jenny. I recently discovered the drama of shooting into the light, too. I also like to photograph with oblique light--early and late in the day.

    ReplyDelete