It may seem late in the year for resolutions but since these are for the garden I figure I am right on schedule. All-in-all I have to say I am pretty happy with my garden life. I have a few trips planned this year that will take me to new garden destinations, I am tending new areas at the park- new gardens are always a fun challenge, I have new responsibilities at the park, I work for Horticulture, and I have a new spiffy camera to capture those wonderful gardens in bloom. But there is still room for a little improvement, thus my resolutions.
1) Record the name and location of new plants as soon as they are planted! Those garden tags tend to ‘walk-off’ over night I want to record the plants and post about how they are behaving in the garden.
2) Take more pictures! I tend to garden until the last rays of sun are in the sky. By the time I pack up the tools and load up the car, I am pulling out of the park as the stars come out. I vow to wrap things up a bit earlier so I can take pictures in the beautiful evening light.
3) Ask more questions. When I meet gardeners I hope to ask more questions about their garden and plants.
4) Read more. This is a pretty sad resolution when you think about it. I do read a lot, but I also watch too many re-runs of The Big Bang Theory (well, it is pretty darn funny!). And, I tend to go-go-go until I am dog tired. Wrapping things up a bit earlier will leave more time at night for garden books and magazines.
5) Be Calm, Be Quiet, Be Still in the Garden. Still working on this one. Take more time to sit, be quiet and just be in the garden.
A modest list, but one that will help me have an even more enjoyable garden life!